Whether you're a professional photographer or an amateur food journalist, chances are that you have more than a handful of photos spread across social network sites like Facebook and Google+ as well as smart devices like phones and tablets. With so many pictures in so many places, finding a specific photo can be a chore. NeroKwik offers a welcome solution to this problem. By consolidating all of your images to be accessible from any platform in one app, NeroKwik makes finding, rating, and sharing your photos much easier.
Here's how it works:
- 1.Install the NeroKwik app on your iOS or Android device.
- 2.Create an account and link it to your Facebook and/or Google+ profile.
- 3.The app will scan your device as well as your social media account and arrange all images that it finds in one place, listed by date.
- 4.Rate images and create interactive albums or "tapestries" to share with friends and family members.
- 5.Highly-rated images will appear larger in your tapestries.
Why it's useful:
- 1.Share albums with specific groups (send your close friends a link to vacation photos you took together).
- 2.Simplify sharing pictures with people who are off the grid (no Nero/Facebook/Google+ accounts necessary to view).
- 3.Collaborate on projects to find the photos that matter.
- 4.You can also mark important images to return to at a later date.
Although the idea of consolidating your online and local photo libraries into one place isn't new, NeroKwik created an almost seamless experience that users will generally enjoy. We encountered some minor bugs here, but none that detract from the total experience of the app. Users with multiple devices on different platforms may get the most use out of this app. We were able to sync our iPad and Android tablet local images to Google's and Facebook's photos to be viewed on both tablets. Images are optimized depending on the viewing device to save bandwidth. Sharing of tapestries is almost instant. Generating a Web link, however, took a couple minutes for sharing via e-mail or MMS.
Currently only available on iOS and Android, NeroKwik is planning future releases for Win7/8/Phone 8/Mac OS. We hope to see the functionality of the app expanded once it has reached our desktop. The addition of simple editing tools to make quick changes and support for external SD cards on Android would be most welcome.