The Beulah River began as a small trickle in June of 1896, when Reverend W. F. Paschall, Elbert Lofton, Sandy Thomas, Easter Williams, Eliza Gaither, Will Rucker, Lou Reese, and Lizzie Goldsmith gathered in Deacon Charlie Olivers grocery store on Mayson Avenue in the Edgewood Community, located in the northeast section of Atlanta, Georgia. Prayers were prayed and regular prayer meetings started. Out of the fellowship, seeds of faith sprouted, initiating the organization of a church and Beulah became a Brook. In November 1896, Reverend W. F Paschall formerly proposed the organization of the Beulah Baptist Church (Isaiah 62:4). The following ministers were present: Reverend T. A Seals, Reverend Dorsey Gordon, Reverend Sam Barnes, Reverend Henry White and Reverend Paul Scruggs, and Beulah became a Stream. Sister Lizzie Allen became the first baptized member and Sister Lizzie Goldsmith was the first mother of the church. The Womens Home Mission Society, headed by Sister Lula Paschall, and the Sunday school, were the earliest auxiliaries formed at the church.