Apni Roti is an initiative of Shivohum Balaji Seva Trust. In 2016, we have started Shivohum Balaji Seva Trust which provides free accommodation, food and healthcare to the underprivileged in West Bengal and Jharkhand. We saw that most organisations distribute leftover food to the needy. We felt that everyone deserves a hot fresh hygienic meal. And we got inspired from that thought and started Apni Roti in January 2019.
A vehicle fitted with a roti vending machine travels across Kolkata serving fresh, hot, rotis served with organic pickle and sweets. The roti vending machine produces 800 (approx) rotis an hour and, on an average, runs for seven hours a day, feeding 1400 people. The Apni Roti initiative covers one city area every day. We predominantly try to cover slum areas and outskirts. But, we also serve near government schools, orphanages, old age home and Government hospitals.
Now, we stretch our hands and ask your support, blessings and prayers to help us provide a balanced nutritious meal to every-one in need out there and make this world a better place to live.
Key Principles Behind The Initiative of Apni Roti:-
1) The meal should reach to the hungry souls instead of they are hunting for food.
2) The meal must be fresh, hygienic and nutritious as the kind of meal we eat at home. We always take care of this.
3) This initiative must be religiously unbiased, it should be beyond religion and cast.
4) This is the most convenient and fastest way to serve people at their door step.
5) It can also be useful at the time of natural calamities; we can use this as an emergency service during and kind of food scarcity.