Content of the story:
1. There is a woman who is so old but she still has great love for money. Whenever she sees a rich person passing by, she would wish: I wish I could be as rich as them. I wish to have their necklace, I wish to have their money!. Of course with the poor she doesnt pay any attention and always scorn them.
2. The woman has some children and they are all grown up. Although they are all rich and give her much to have a very good life, she still wants more. She spends hours praying for Buddha to give her much more money.
3. One day when she is praying there is a genie appears. The genie talks to her: Hello! I am the agent of Buddha. Buddha hears your pray all the day and he sends me to meet you to see what I could help.
4. The old woman is so excited to see the genie. She says: My lord! Can you do me a favour? I want to be very rich, richer than everyone I can see.
5. The genie says: I see that your life is good right now. You have grown up children and they all love you. You have a big house and dont have to worry about food. Your health is good also. Your life is quite perfect. What do you want more?
6. The old woman answers back: I still want more. I can see there are many people that have many things that I dont have. I want to have expensive clothes like them, wear sparkling neckleck like them, eat the very delicious food like them
7. The genie smiles: They have these things because they work very hard and they deserve it. Each one has their own life and the most important thing is that you need to satisfy with your situation. If you insist on having too much, I am not sure that your life is as happy as you think.
8. The old woman still begs the genie to fulfil her wishes: I dont care about the result of being so rich. The genie smiles again: Thats all right. If you insist on being like that, I can help you. Here is a magic stick. Keep it and if you wish to have anything from the other, you will have it.
9. The genie gives the old woman the stick and disappears. The old woman feels very happy because she can now have anything she want. But is it real? Am I dreaming? The old woman wondering. At the same time she can see a very rich man in a horse-drawn carriage passing by.
10. The carriage is so gracious and luxury! I wish that it belong to me. Right away the old woman sees that she is in the carriage and the rich man is out of his seat. The old woman feels really great and she orders the carriage to continue running, leaving the rich man behind.
11. The carriage continues to run and the old woman looks out of the windows with a very happy mood. Soon she meet a beautiful girl wearing many jewelry. The old woman murmurs: I wish I have all these beautiful jewelry and expensive clothes
12. In just a moment all the expensive clothes and jewelry of the girl and the clothes of the old woman are exchanged. The girl cries out loud: Where are all my belongings?. The old woman doesnt take care about this. She is busy looking at her new clothes and sparkling jewelry.
13. This stick really works! I am not dreaming! The old woman smiles happily and orders the porter to run the carriage on the street. Everytime she sees something that she loves, she uses the stick to take it for her own without taking care about the victims.
14. People begin to know the reason why their belongings suddenly disappear. They come to meet the old woman to take their belongings back, but everytiime they come, there is a very big stick stops them and about to beat them. Being so afraid of the stick, people return home without having their properties back.
15. People now dont dare to wear beautiful clothes or expensive things when they go out. Even the shops now close as they hear that the old woman is about to pass by.
What will happen next? Will the old woman happy long with the things she have? Will she get a lesson for being so greedy? Let's read the full story to know the result.