Lower back pain can be debilitating and affect daily activities, sleep, and exercise.
For many of us, lower back pain becomes a major part of the story of our lives. For some, it begins early, for others it starts as we age. We can all sense when our back is about to give out. immobility and helplessness.
There are many causes of back pain including strain while lifting, exercise, or chronic overuse of the muscles. Fortunately, there are many ways to release the tension in your lower back including yoga poses.
Yoga poses can be done anywhere and dont require equipment, so they provide an easy fix for tension. The moves work by both releasing knots and stretching out muscle fibers via relaxing and restorative postures.
Some immediate relief can be found through doctors, chiropractors and massage therapists. Sometimes surgery and drugs seem like the only long-term solution.
For a growing number of people though, life style changes, often through physical therapy and yoga, are the long-term answer. I argue from personal experience that developing a regular yoga practice will offer the same benefits of physical therapy with many added bonuses overall for the lower back pain sufferer. And its not just me saying so, either. In a report about a case study (Medscape Medical News 09/29/16), a regular yoga practice was shown to be as effective in relieving pain for the lower back pain sufferer as physical therapy.
Now, this is hardly definitive proof that all lower back pain sufferers will benefit from yoga or that all yoga is good for back pain. However, a growing number of us are finding solutions in our yoga practice. The additional benefits of practicing yoga regularly are vast, and pretty exciting. The biggest for me was development of mindfulness. It is amazing how a simple shift in focus to the breath immediately brings you into the present moment. Not a bad bonus at all. Just like any physical activity, remember to consult with your physician or physical therapist before beginning the physical aspect of the yoga practice.
App features include:
- Stunning design with easy to follow yoga poses and timers
- Clear instructions, mindfulness practice, benefits and contraindications for each yoga poses to guide you
- All content is INCLUDED (no additional charges, and no need for internet connectivity)
- Reminder notifications that can be adjusted to fit your busy lifestyle
- Included Back pain guide to understanding your condition and knowing your treatment options.
- Included 11 easy Yoga Poses to relieve lower back pain and tension in 10 minutes or less:
1. Child's Pose | Balasana
2. Extended Puppy Pose | Uttana Shishosana
3. Cobra Pose | Bhujangasana
4. Cat Pose | Marjaryasana - Cow Pose | Bitilasana
5. Pigeon Pose | Eka Pada Rajakapotasana
6. Half Lord Of The Fishes Pose | Ardha Matsyendrasana
7. Wind Release Pose | Pawanmuktasana
8. Knees To Chest Pose | Apanasana
9. Happy Baby Pose | Ananda Balasana
10. Legs Up The Wall Pose | Viparita Karani
11. Supine Spinal Twist Pose | Supta Matsyendrasana
Any information included in this app should NOT be considered a replacement for medical advice from a medical professional. If you are suffering from any form of a health condition, always seek advice from a doctor before trying any home remedy yourself.
We will not be held responsible or liable in any way for any damage, injuries, illness, or death that may result from the use of its content or anything associated with it.