Yahoo! Weather offers plenty of style, substance, and some downright awesome widgets. It has a great blend of features and good looks to decorate your mobile device. If it was less of a battery hog, it'd be perfect.
This app will find your location through GPS or let you set up multiple zip codes to see the weather. If you're a fan of the minimalist style Apple's iPhone has become known for, this app's design is a treat. It combines that with pictures of your location, which it pulls from Flickr. In addition to being connected to that site, the app lets you share to just about any other social media site. There are three different widgets, with a 2x2 box joining the standard 4x2 banner and 1x1 button most weather apps use. The larger two widgets can be modified to show extended forecasts, severe weather advisories, and more. However, all of the features make Yahoo! Weather a battery hog, even among other weather apps. You can turn many of them off or set heavier activities like photo fetching and hourly updates to happen only on Wi-Fi. This not only saves some battery, but also eats up less data.
Yahoo! Weather strikes a good balance of advanced features and stylish appeal. The best part is that you can choose what features you want to use and send the less interesting ones to the wayside. This is recommended for any user.
Fixed widget clock and forecast update problem.
The forecast is beautiful.
Prepare for your day with the most accurate hourly, 5-day, and 10-day forecasts. Stunning Flickr photos match your location, time of day, and current conditions.
- Get all the details: wind, pressure, and chance of precipitation.
- See animated sunrise, sunset, wind, and pressure modules.
- Browse interactive maps: radar, satellite, heat, and snow.
- Track all your favorite cities and destinations!
- Scroll down for detailed weather information.
- Tap the plus sign to add up to 20 cities.
- Swipe left-to-right to move between locations.
- Submit your photos to Yahoo Weather by joining #projectweather on Flickr.
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: email@example.com