Windy (also know as Windyty) is intuitive, fast, efficient and the most accurate weather forecast app trusted by professional pilots, surfers, boaters, fishermen, kiters, storm chasers and weather geeks.
Whether you are tracking a tropical storm, impending severe weather, planning a trip, or you just need to know if it will rain this weekend, Windy provides you with the most up-to-date weather forecast around.
Powerful, smooth and fluid presentation makes weather forecasting a true pleasure.
28 different weather layers
From wind, temperature, pressure to Swell or CAPE index, with Windy you'll have all convenient weather layers just at your fingertips.
All leading forecast models
Compare all leading forecast models at once and make better decisions. Windy offers global models ECMWF and GFS, plus local NAM and NEMS models.
Windy lets you display observed wind and temperature, forecasted weather, airports around the World, 1500+ paragliding spots or nearby webcams right on the map.
FEATURES AND DATA SOURCES
- All leading weather forecast models: ECMWF, GFS by NOAA, NEMS and NAM
- 28 weather layers - see the list below
- 16 altitude levels from surface to 13.5km/FL450
- Metric, imperial or custom units (m/s, mph, km/h, kt, bft, m, ft, mm, cm, in, hPa, inHg)
- Surface by Mapy.cz or Here Maps imagery
- Detailed forecast for any location (temperature, wind chill, wind speed, pressure, humidity, rain and snow accumulation)
- Detailed wind and wave forecast for any surfing or kiting spot
- Forecast model comparison
- Meteogram (temperature, precipitation, altitude cloud cover, wind speed and wind gusts)
- Airgram by Meteoblue, based on the NEMS model (wind and waves, wind speed, wind gusts, wind direction, weather, temperature)
- Nearby weather stations (observed weather- wind direction, wind speed and temperature)
- 50k+ Airports searchable by ICAO and IATA, including?runway info,?decoded & raw METARs,?TAF and?NOTAMs, meteogram, airgram, webcams and nearest weather stations
- 1500+ Paragliding spots
- Customizable list of favorites spots
...and much more