The Weighfish app is a fishing tournament manager for Tournament Director's use. The Weighfish app allows directors to easily record and track everything you need to at the weigh-in. No more writing by hand or using complicated payout spreadsheets is necessary. You can host your own fishing tournaments, or manage your fishing club's tournaments. This app works alongside Weighfish.com where the Tournament results will be immediately visible to anyone that wants to see. Visit https://www.weighfish.com for more information.
Weighfish tracks Tournaments created as a part of a Tournament Series. A Tournament Director first creates a Series, then adds upcoming tournaments to that Series. On Tournament day, simply enter the anglers as they sign up. At the weigh-in, enter their number of fish, fish alive, big fish, and total net weight. Weighfish will automatically calculate their place in the tournament. If the Tournament Director chooses, Weighfish can also determine the Tournament payouts so that doesn't all have to be figured out by hand after the Tournament is completed. Old tournaments can also be added in the app for history.
The Weighfish App can be used where there is cell service and where there is not. Tournament results entered while the App does not have access to cellular data or Wi-Fi will be uploaded after the App is opened when cell service is better.
Here is a quick run-through of how a Tournament Director would expect to use the App.
1. Create an account at Weighfish.com
2. Create a Tournament Series via the website
3. Create a tournament in the Series via the website
4. Download the App
5. Log into the App
6. Enable Auto-Payouts for the Tournament
7. On Tournament morning, as fishermen come to register and pay their entry fee, enter their names in the Tournament (without any weights at this point).
8. After everyone has registered, view the final payouts on the Tournament Stats page of that tournament. Use that information to divide the entry fee money into the prizes to be paid out.
9. During the Tournament weigh-in, as Anglers weigh their fish, enter their results in the App.
10. After weigh-in has concluded, click Auto-Score Results to calculate the winners. Present money/checks/prizes based on the results.
Find a complete user guide of the app, visit https://www.weighfish.com/weighfish-app-users-guide/