WEST SAFE is the official safety app of West Los Angeles College. It is the only app that integrates with WLAC's safety and security systems. West Los Angeles College Sheriff Department has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the WLAC campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
WEST SAFE features include:
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the WLAC area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Panic Button / Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to WLAC security in real-time in case of a crisis
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Tip Reporting: Multiple ways to report a safety/security concern directly to WLAC security.
- Virtual WalkHome: Allow Campus Security to monitor a users walk. If a user feels unsafe when walking on campus, they can request a Virtual WalkHome and a dispatcher on the other end will monitor their journey until they reach their destination.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
- Chat with Security: Communicate live with safety staff at WLAC via chat.
- Notification History: Find previous Push Notifications for this app with the date and time.
- Share Map with your Location: Send your location to a friend by sending them a map of your position.
- Im OK!: Send your location and a message indicating that Youre OK to a recipient of your choosing.
- Campus Maps: Navigate around the WLAC area.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from WLAC safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
Download today to ensure youre prepared in the event of an emergency.