Demo video with features and how to use them: www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5j_I5p2Yt8
This app is designed for searching addresses/Points of Interest (POI) by voice commands/gestures and starting Waze navigation instantly.
This app extends the capabilities of Waze with hands-free wave-gestures, multiple address/POI searches, changing the destination promptly without any touch, as well as inserting intermediate points into your route. Voice Control for Waze uses Googles API, so it provides more accurate search results than Waze.
In Waze, have you ever tried to type in the destination address during driving? Don't you think it's dangerous?
Telling your phone the destination without typing is safer and faster. This is the main feature of this app. Just tap the apps icon or wave your hand, say the address and the navigation starts instantly with alternative routes!
- direct address search with your voice and start Waze navigation immediately
- this app says the address found loudly (to make sure that the correct address has been found)
- POI search around you or near to a given point (Points Of Interest: gas stations, restaurants, Tesco, toilets, shops generally or by exact name)
- address autocomplete+autocorrection
- more accurate search results than Waze
- start voice recognition by hand gesture
- multiple address/POI searches
- during navigation, changing the destination promptly without any touch/inserting new intermediate points into your route
- stop navigation and close Waze by voice
- enable/disable gesture mode by voice
- both normal and car-mode launchers are supported,
How to use the above-mentioned features:
1. Direct address search+start navigation immediately:
Touch the apps icon or -in Waze app- wave your hand once over the proximity sensor and say the exact or the approximate address without any other words, In this section, POIs are not supported. For example:
- you can say: 11 County Grove, Camberwell, London
- you can say: London
- you cant say: navigate me to 11 County Grove, Camberwell, London/McDonalds in London/nearest toilet.
2. POI search:
Touch the apps icon or -in Waze app- wave your hand once over the prox. sensor and say only the exact hotword: search. Then this app asks for the POI you look for. You can search POIs around you or near to a given point. You can search generally or by exact name:
-restaurant/ toilet/Tesco/pharmacy/gas station/OMV/Agip or
-restaurants London/ toilet in Greenwich/Canterbury Tesco
3. Gesture mode:
This mode is enabled by default and works only when Waze is open in foreground.
Just hold/wave your hand over the proximity sensor for a moment, then the followings are the same as described above. You can enable/disable this mode by touching the apps icon or wave your hand then say only one word: enable/disable.
4. Stop navigation and close Waze:
Touch the apps icon or -in Waze app- wave your hand once over the proximity sensor and say only the exact hotword: stop.
1. Internet access is mandatory.
2. Googles Text-to-Speech Engine is recommended (device's settings: Advanced settings-> Language and input -> Text-to-Speech output)
3. Gesture mode requires accessibility service enabled for this app (device's settings: Advanced settings-> Accessibility)
4. If your default language in Google Now/Assistant is not English, you have to set it as secondary language in order to use POI search function and to close Waze by voice,
5. If the app says: "Sorry, didn't understand the address. Please repeat it!", your answers should be:
a. the address again
b. "yes/of course/yes of course/ok/okay/alright", then a popup comes up in order to listen to the address again
c. "no/no thanks/nope/cancel/storno/stop/shut up", then the app says "Ok, goodbye!"
Do not hesitate to contact the developer: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am not associated with Waze in any way, except as a user of their software.