ViscoLab is a pocket laboratory for the study of Newton's Law of viscosity within the scope of Transport Phenomena.
The lab is as simple as possible for you to understand the physics and mathematics applied to the subject.
Start to see Engineering with different eyes!
We believe that manipulating the most basic equations through experiments is the key to understanding more complex phenomena. And you?
The application presents theoretical content and experiences with computer simulation, allowing us to understand the subject by observing the simulator's behavior.
Content is available in English, Portuguese, Spanish and French
The application allows:
- Interactive graphic representation of Newton's Law of Viscosity;
- Interactive graphic representation of the shear stress over time;
- Interactive calculation of shear stress using Newton's Law of Viscosity;
- Interactive control of viscosity, fluid layer thickness and moving plate velocity;
- Theory that allows the understanding of the hypotheses adopted in Newton's Law of Viscosity;
- Laboratory experiment script that allows you to check the variation of speeds along the fluid layer.
- Laboratory experiment instructions that allows you to check the effect of the speed of the mobile plate;
- Laboratory experiment instructions that allows to verify the effect of the variation of the fluid layer thickness;
- Laboratory experiment instructions that allows to verify the effect of the variation of the viscosity of the fluid layer;
- Allows you to conduct free experiments to understand other aspects of Newton's Law of Viscosity.