Vibration Detector, also known as seismograph, seismometer measures vibrations using your smart-phone sensors and shows reference to earthquake vibrations as classified by Mercalli intensity scale.
Vibrations are shown in all three directions : X, Y, Z in different colors.
Place your smart-device on stable surface and measure vibrations.
Modified Mercalli intensity scale
1. Instrumental - Not felt. Recorded by seismographs.
2. Weak - Hardly ever felt, usually only on top floors of high buildings.
3. Slender - Felt indoors, like a passing light truck.
4. Moderate - Windows, dishes, doors rattle. Like passing train.
5. Rather Strong - Felt by all. Small objects upset.
6. Strong - Books off shelves. Trees shake. Isolated damage.
7. Very Strong - Difficult to stand. Many poor buildings damaged.
8. Destructive - Significant damage. Branches broken from trees.
9. Violent - General panic. Serious damage. Ground cracking.
10. Intense - Most buildings destroyed. Rails bent slightly.
11. Extreme - Rails bent greatly. Pipelines destroyed.
12. Catastrophic - Near total damage. Objects thrown into the air.
This application allows you monitor and share the results of your measurements with other users via social media.
Accurately measure and monitor all vibration and shocks using smart-phone