VMware vSphere is VMware's leading virtualization platform, which transforms data centers into aggregated computing infrastructures that include CPU, storage, and networking resources. vSphere manages these infrastructures as a unified operating environment, and provides you with the tools to administer the data centers that participate in that environment. The two core components of vSphere are ESXi and vCenter Server. ESXi is the virtualization platform where you create and run virtual machines and virtual appliances. vCenter Server is the service through which you manage multiple hosts connected in a network and pool host resources. Deliver business value from day one with powerful server virtualization, breakthrough availability, safe automated management and intelligent operational insight that adapts to your environment. Automate workload placement and resource optimization based on preset customizable templates.
Benefits of vSphere 7.0 and vSphere 7.0 with Kubernetes:
- Simplified Lifecyle Management: Simplify vSphere software patching and firmware upgrades with the updated lifecycle manager and update planner. Automate lifecycle management using RESTful APIs and the industry standard JSON for added flexibility.
- Intrinsic Security and Control: Protect your vSphere hosts and applications with a simple, comprehensive and policy-driven model. Perform remote attestation for sensitive workloads using vSphere Trust Authority. Secure your access and account management using vSphere identity federation.
- Application Acceleration: Improve the performance and resiliency of applications using improvements in vMotion, DRS and persistent memory. Provision efficient pools of accelerated hardware for AI/ML applications with supported GPUs. Support latency-sensitive applications with precision time protocol.
- Streamlined Development: Deliver fully compliant and conformant Kubernetes for your development teams with the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid service. Enable self-service access to infrastructure using Kubernetes APIs.
- Agile Operations: Manage role base access and quota allocation for VMs and containers using the familiar vCenter interface. Manage policies for an entire group of VMs, containers and Kubernetes clusters in vCenter.
- Accelerated Innovation: Remove barriers between developer and IT with a unified platform for managing both virtual machines and containers in a single infrastructure stack that is available wherever you run vSphere.