Tunefox is a superior way to learn songs and licks in the privacy of your own home. A clear method of teaching all styles of bluegrass banjo; enough to keep you busy for years."
- Steve Martin (Actor/Comedian/Musician)
Tunefox is a web and app based learning tool designed to help people learn bluegrass songs and licks for guitar, mandolin, banjo and bass. Each song in Tunefox has 3 versions - Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced (or Backup, Scruggs, and Melodic for banjo) - and each of those arrangements has switchable licks.
For example, let's say you get a basic arrangement of a tune under your fingers. With Tunefox you can shuffle the measures of a song to create a new solo based on the original you just learned. We think it's a fantastic way to approach improvisation. Included are all of the normal practice tools - tempo slider, backing tracks, chords, and looping/measure selection as well as special tools like speed up, hide notes, and memory-train (these special tools are available on the web version).
Our goal is to help students become real musicians. We don't want you to just learn an arrangement of a tune and then only be able to play that arrangement. There's so much more to a solo and a lot of it has to do with hearing the bluegrass vocabulary and then learning how it fits into a song that you know.
"It's a great jumping off point for making up my own licks."
- Graham Sharp (Steep Canyon Rangers)
"Tunefox is the best digital learning tool for banjo I've ever encountered. The interface is intuitive, and the content is musical and well thought out. Everyone learning bluegrass banjo should get this app."
- Wes Corbett (Molly Tuttle Band)
Try Tunefox out with a free 7-day trial and then become a member to get access to:
- Unlimited access to all instruments, songs and licks
- Tunefox on your computer, iPhone or iPad
- Revolutionary practice tools
- New songs and licks added every month
- PDF printing
*At the end of your trial you will not automatically be charged for the subscription. You can choose what subscription period you'd like when you are ready to become a member.
Subscribe for One Month - All Instruments for $15.99
Subscribe for Three Months - All Instruments for $24.99
Subscribe for One Year - All Instruments for $89.99
- Your payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase