Trips Medical Transportation app connects you with local non-emergency medical transportation companies, whether you need a Gurney van or a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle.
The app allows you to easily schedule a non-emergency vehicle and know exactly when it will arrive whilst making sure it is equipped with everything you need for a safe ride to or from a doctor's appointment, hospital, nursing home or any other location.
You will always know how much the trip will cost, when it is scheduled for, who your driver is, when the vehicle will arrive and you will always be notified if anything happens to delay your trip.
The features of the app are numerous and include:
- Locating you with the GPS in your smartphone so you don't have to type in any pickup address.
- Choosing a different pickup address than the location you are at. Choosing a destination is also very easy so that the medical team knows exactly where you're going.
- Choose the type of vehicle you need, be it a Gurney Van or a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV).
- Choose the pickup date and time that is most convenient for you to get to your destination on time.
- Know exactly how much you're going to pay with the in-app estimate. It takes into account the distance, the vehicle type, the time it takes to get there and any extra medical equipment you may need on the trip.
- Use a promo code if you were given one. You an also give special instructions by adding a note to the order.
- Schedule the order and see when we found a transportation provider who has accepted your request. You will be constantly informed if anything changes.
- On the day of the scheduled ride, you will be able to track the vehicle on a live map and see it moving towards you. You have to option to call or text the driver and arrange for any extra requirements if needed.
- You will be notified when the medical team leaves towards you and when they arrive at your location.
- You will only be charged for the time and distance you travel, after being picked up. If you'd like the team to wait for you and provide a return journey, you can also schedule it. There is no limit on how many scheduled rides you can setup so if you know you need medical transportation three times per week, that's also easily set.
- Payment is handled exclusively through your credit card and no cost is covered by your insurance. Trips strives to offer transportation prices which are much more competitive than your insurer's. Your credit card details and payments are handled in secure transactions outside of our control; we only work with the best in the industry for handling payments.
- At the end of your trip, you will see a breakdown of the costs that you can keep for your records in the app. An email receipt is also automatically sent.
- Customer support is always on call and available and it's easy to contact us through the app. You can also email and provide feedback, for which we would be very grateful. We are a young startup trying to make things easier for those who need non-emergency medical transportation.
- A detailed list of your past and upcoming orders is always available in the app.
- The app is extremely intuitive and easy to use and ordering can be done in two, very easy steps.
We hope you enjoy Trips and we welcome all feedback as we strive to expand the service and provide more transportation providers.
****Please Note: Trips does not work with your insurer. Trips charges your credit card directly.