For musicians from pros to beginners, whether you sing, play a brass, woodwind or stringed instrument or any type of guitar, this app provides a set of feature-rich practice tools that gives fun and rewarding feedback. It's much more than just a tuner!
So what makes the TonalEnergy the best selling music practice app?
- It's an all-in-one app, with a state-of-the-art tuner, an advanced metronome, dedicated orchestral strings and guitar tuning page, a piano keyboard, sound analysis pages, and audio recording capabilities.
- It's easy to use. Options like the Target Tuner or Pitch Tracker are on all the main pages. TonalEnergy helps users create rewarding and attainable goals during a rehearsal or when working alone. Colorful analysis data pages and audio recording features enhance the experience of practice.
- The metronome is cutting edge. It offers unmatched flexibility in sound choices, tempo settings, meters, subdivision patterns and visual displays. Voice count-ins, the ability to create and edit preset groups and Ableton link for syncing multiple devices make this a superior tool for performers.
- Ear training possibilities are endless. The high quality multi-sampled instrument sounds for symphonic instruments are unique among all other tuning applications. Listening skills can be developed through the use of the eight-octave keyboard, chromatic wheel and tone generator. There are no other sounds like these.
- Learning is a social activity. Using features unique to the TonalEnergy Tuner, data can be collected, reviewed, edited and shared with others. Feedback is essential for growing and developing great performers. It's all about connectivity.
- Recognizes a large pitch range, extending to lower registers than many competing tuners (C0 - C8) that is highly responsive to wind instruments, as well as acoustic and electric string instruments
- Adjustable A=440 Hz reference
- Automatic or manual transposing options
- Instantly changes between equal, just and other custom temperaments, including user-defined ones
- Auto or instant pitch reference note feature using the TonalEnergy sounds
- Extensive tuning list for all orchestral string and fretted string instruments including many more features than most other string-only tuner apps
- An expandable eight octave piano keyboard enhancing many of the key aspects of the tuner's functions
- Chromatic wheel tone generator, with optional auto-vibrato feature
- Frequency and Harmonic energy overtone graphs, along with a multi-function waveform
- Dedicated metronome page that matches or exceeds the features available on all other stand alone metronome apps
- Notation options including standard English, Solfege, Northern European, and Indian variants
- Audio recording capabilities including, editing, looping, timestretch that are all exportable
- Compatible with external microphones and clip-on vibration sensor devices
- External MIDI keyboard control support
- All device orientations supported
- Piccolo, Flute
- Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
- Eb, Bb/A Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
- Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
- French Horn
- Tenor and Bass Trombone
- Euphonium and Tuba
- Square, sawtooth, and sine waveforms
- Plucked Strings
- Fixed audio issues on some devices. Please report if you have issues!
- Added translations for Japanese, French, German, Spanish, and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
- Added out-of-tune face, and options in the prefs to hide either face
- Fixed issues with some bluetooth speaker output
We plan to release updates over the next few months until the Android version matches the features of the iOS TE version.
Please report any crashes to firstname.lastname@example.org!