How to think like a nurse using clinical reasoning!
Download the FREE app and view selected topics
- Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen.
ABOUT: THINK Like a Nurse: Practical Preparation for Professional Practice
Gain confidence as a nursing student. Learn what content you are studying is most important to bedside practice. Prepare yourself for professional practice
Author: Keith Rischer, MA, RN, CEN, CCRN
Publisher: KeithRn | Skyscape
Regain Your Confidence as a Nursing Student.
Are you a nursing student who is:
- Overwhelmed due to content overload
- Fear that you do not know what content you are studying is most important to bedside practice
- Anxious that you will not pass the NCLEX and not sure if you are being well prepared for professional practice
THINK Like a Nurse! helps the brand new nurse understand how to prioritize what actions are most critical and puts those concepts into clear, logical, and useable steps. I will be using this book for all my new grads transitioning into practice. Willi Ellison, MSN, RN, CEN, CCRN, Nurse Residency Coordinator, Las Vegas, Nevada
Ive referred to this book countless times throughout nursing school and I know it will be a great reference as I go along in my career. Every time I have re-looked at it, I see new things or I see them with a different perspective. Your book has helped me to recognize my own personal growth. It has been the most foundational book in all of my nursing education thus far. -Natalie, Student Nurse, Azusa Pacific University, California
- Contextualizes NEED to know content to the bedside as well as how to think like a nurse using clinical reasoning!
- Practical strategies to care for multiple patients, set priorities and much more derived from Keith's 30+ years of clinical experience!
- Emphasizes application of content as well as reflection through questions at the end of each chapter.
- Supported by more than 200 references and reviewed by six nursing faculty, including a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing (FAAN).
- Flow follows the natural progression of students (Practical/RN) from pre-nursing/fundamental all the way to graduation!
16 chapters divided in four parts. Each has a unique emphasis that makes it possible to integrate transformational change which will strengthen student learning and facilitate transition to practice!
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites ..
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.