(Best with latest Android-System-WebView: see Play Store)
J. M. Barrie
Peter Pan has been edited to include Lettrd.
This is an interactive book that allows varying amounts of phonic assistance to be added to English words.
1) silent vowels ->
2) vowel names -> e.g. sy, m, fnd, mst, mic
3) =oo proved -> prvd
4) =e many, said -> mn, sd
5) =sh sugar, sure -> g, r
1) Common words can be gradually excluded (left unmarked).
2) There is a page with all the marks. Clicking the mark plays the sound
3) Vowels can be marked red; voiced consonants can be marked blue
4) The marks can be individually switched on and off.
5) Common patterns like 'sh', 'ch', 'ea', etc can be left unmarked
This is an old concept and was used in 18th and 19th Centuries in many reading text books. The interactivity is enabled by web technology.
Icon illustrated by ALICE B. WOODWARD