THE POETRY HOUR POETS
Christina Rossetti, Elizabeth Bishop, Emily Dickinson, John Keats, John Milton, Lord Byron, Marianne Moore, Oscar Wilde, P.B. Shelley, Philip Larkin, Robert Browning, Robert Frost, Robert Lowell, Rudyard Kipling, Sylvia Plath, T.S. Eliot, W.H. Auden, W.B. Yeats plus a wide selection of WWI Poets.
THE POETRY HOUR ACTORS
Alan Cox, Alexandra Dowling, Angus Wright, Bob Geldof, Charles Dance, Charlotte Rampling, Damian Lewis, Dan Stevens, Danny Webb, David Hare, Deborah Findlay, Derek Jacobi, Dominic West, Eddie Redmayne, Edna OBrien, Edward Fox, Eileen Atkins, Elizabeth McGovern, Emilia Fox, Felicity Jones, Felicity Kendal, Freddie Fox, Frieda Hughes, Gemma Jones, Greg Wise, Grey Gowrie, Harold Pinter, Harriet Walter, Helen McCrory, Hugh Dancy, Ian McDiarmid, Jeremy Irons, Joanna David, John Mortimer, Julian Glover, Juliet Stevenson, Kelly Reilly, Kenneth Cranham, Lily James, Lindsay Duncan, Lisa Dwan, Mark Strong, Max Irons, Monica Dolan, Nancy Carroll, Neil Dudgeon, Patrick Kennedy, Ralph Fiennes, Robert Hardy, Roger Moore, Rupert Evans, Rupert Graves, Samuel West, Simon Callow, Sinead Cusack, Trevor McDonald, Tom Burke, Tom Hollander.
The Poetry Hour is a place for timeless literature to be reborn and set free.
The Poetry Hour will draw you into a world of over 300 poems from a collection of the greatest poets of all time. Watch and listen to great actors read great poetry, with audio and video narrations from over 50 famous faces. We believe that poetry can be for everyone, so whether youre a poetry pro or completely void of verse, take an explore within our app, and see where poetry takes you
Without reading, I would have found life less bearable and infinitely less enjoyable. - Josephine Hart
- Read poetry from over sixteen great poets
- Create and share poetry memes by selecting your favourite lines of poetry and matching them with an image from our library, or by uploading one of your own.
- Watch and listen to powerful narrations, as over 50 world-class actors and performers read poetry aloud.
- Read in-depth poet and poetry introductions and essays by Josephine Hart. Her knowledge of poetry and passion for verse makes this feature an ideal educational tool for anyone and everyone wanting to dive into the enchanting world of poetry.
- Watch Poetry Films. The creation of Poetry films stands as the next logical way in which we consume verse, and this is why were so committed to its expansion. In short, we want to re-contextualize classic poetry for a modern audience. Weve already commissioned a number of video pieces; stretching talents from animations, to student dance projects, which you can find around the app.
- Create a user account to save poets, poems and memes.
- Offline mode allows you to read poetry without being connected to the Internet.
The Poetry App was originally designed for the late author and poetry enthusiast, Josephine Hart. It is now being constantly updated to ensure that all the readings surrounding her infamous Poetry Hours will be available to view.
The Poetry Hour project is a part of The Josephine Hart Poetry Foundation.
The Josephine Hart Poetry Foundation is a registered Charity with the Charity Commission No.1145062. It was set up to further the advancement of arts and culture, and the advancement of education, with a focus on poetry, literature and dramatic performance.