The Classic Browser is a freeware Internet browser that uses the Chromium engine strictly as a renderer-only while the interface and logic are custom written/designed.
The browser has a unique tabbed interface bearing little resemblance to any of the popular browsers with the program's main highlight being the elevated importance of the user's favorites or bookmarks. This is accomplished by having multiple bookmark menus that open in tabs instead of drop-down menus thereby providing the user with a significantly larger surface area, larger and more readable fonts, and superior bookmark organization.
The Classic Browser can be best described as a user-oriented browser that aims to please the user by elevating the user's needs as opposed to serving the financial interests of corporations.
What's new in version 2.6
* Added Media Device details to system info and merged plugins and MIME types into one.
* Doubled the browser's scrolling speed affecting both Internet and internal pages.
* Managed a small decrease in startup memory consumption by disabling a chromium feature that is useless to us.
* Many gorgeous new color schemes for 2018 replace all the old. Now you can surf with class and style!
* Some changes in the appearance and bahavior of tabs, for the better.
* A new "Find" function button has been added to menus for when you can't find an entry.
* Fixed buggy behavior with "page load cut-off" browser option.
* Corrected browser behavior trying to impose incompatible zooming on SVG images/anims.
* As always many miscellaneous smaller optimizations/refinements are included in this version.
* A untested edition with the Chromium Engine v63.0.3239.108 is also available.
ReleaseJune 15, 2017
Date AddedJune 15, 2017
Operating SystemsWindows 10, Windows 2003, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows XP