Nearly 82 million homeowners grow gardens, so wouldnt it be great if you could find a local neighbor that you could trade your harvest with?
Tangeloo is the revolutionary app that allows you to trade your homegrown harvest with likeminded growers in your neighborhood. Its user friendly and fun to use.
Tangeloo provides a community solution for local produce going to waste, left on trees and vines while so many Americans go hungry. It also provides an affordable alternative to the rising costs of fresh produceespecially organic producestocked by supermarkets.
Making it easy for neighbors to connect with neighbors, even urban growersincluding small and minority-owned farmscan connect and share the abundance of local produce grown in their fields, backyards, and containers. The free Tangeloo app provides a simple-to-use interface for communicating directly within communities to set up produce trades. Neighborhood growers can event connect with local foodbanks to share their surplus produce.
Features of the Tangeloo App
* The Tangeloo app is free to join and you can immediately begin trading
* Upload photos of your trees, vines, eggs, etc. to share with other traders
* Chat with potential trade partners to make a deal
* Trade before your harvest is ready using scheduling and reminder features
* Archive/track your trades and get reminders of previous trades
* Selector capability to choose exclusively non-GMO, pesticide free produce
* Trade by zip code with customizable radius (default of 25 miles)
* Features an FAQ for addressing pressing concerns
No cash is exchanged by users. Instead, trades are handled by individuals in the app: set up your profile with your preferred search radius and post the produce you have available for trade. Search the fruits, vegetables, herbs, and additional food goods posted by others within your parameters, propose exchanges, chat with your neighbors, trade locally and hyper-locally, eliminate food waste, and promote sustainability. Use of the app promotes building communities, neighborhood trading, healthy eating, reducing produce expenses, and sustainability. Its a home-grown transformation, changing the world for the better. So join the Tangeloo community today and, grow, search, trade!