Potentially keeping the user entertained for hours, this app offers great graphics and is packed with humor. Talking Ben the Dog Free is a great alternative to the typical games and activities found in entertainment applications, and might be interesting to those who are looking for something different and need something to keep them occupied.
Talking Ben the Dog Free appears to be a pretty big app for a time-killer. After you install the main application, another download, of about 35MB, is required to actually use the program. The total size of the application tips the scales at around 50MB after the additional download. On opening the app, you are greeted with a fluffy dog seated in an armchair. The user can interact with the dog by tapping the screen in various areas. The dog will answer the phone, talk back, growl, and scratch. A separate screen brings him to a laboratory where he can mix up potions with hilarious results. Upgrades and other products are constantly made available through pushed content or pop-ups. This is the only really annoying aspect of the app. Talking Ben the Dog Free is smooth and stable for the most part. The only bug we observed is that the sound and animation are occasionally out of sync.
While Talking Ben the Dog does offer some relief for boredom, it also is pretty limited. That is unless you are willing to invest some money in the application. This app is recommended for any user to try out, but few will keep it around for an extended length of time.
Bug fixes and minor gameplay improvements.
Ben is a retired chemistry professor who likes his quiet comfortable life of eating, drinking and reading newspapers. To make him responsive, you will have to bother him long enough that he will fold his newspaper. Then you can talk to him, poke or tickle him or even have a telephone conversation with him.
If you get Ben to his laboratory however, he becomes as happy as a puppy. There you can do chemistry experiments by mixing a combination of two test tubes together and see the hilarious reactions.
HINT: Record a funny video of your telephone conversation with Ben and send it to your friends.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Poke Ben's newspaper to make him fold it.
- Then you can talk to Ben and he will repeat.
- Poke or slap Ben's face, belly, feet or hands.
- Tickle Ben's belly.
- Poke or swipe Ben's graduation picture.
- Press the phone button and have a conversation with Ben.
- Record a funny video of your telephone conversation with Ben.
- Press buttons to make Ben eat, drink or belch.
- Press the chemistry button to switch Ben to the laboratory.
- Mix any two test tubes together and see the hilarious chemical reaction.
- Record videos and share them on YouTube, Facebook or send them to your friends and family by email or MMS.
This app is PRIVO certified. The PRIVO safe harbor seal indicates Outfit7 has established COPPA compliant privacy practices to protect your child's personal information. Our apps do not allow younger children to share their information.
This app contains:
- Promotion of Outfit7's products and contextual advertising
- Links that direct customers to our websites and other Outfit7 apps
- Personalization of content to entice users to play the app again
- Watching videos of Outfit7's animated characters via YouTube integration
- The option to make in-app purchases