SwipeSpeak is an app that allows people to communicate with eye gestures.
Serving as a communication board (similar to an E-Tran Board), SwipeSpeak displays a keyboard which allows a communication partner to construct words and sentences.
A communication partner reads eye gestures of a speaker and swipes in the corresponding direction on the app's screen. SwipeSpeak will then translate those swipes into words and sentences.
SwipeSpeak also implements a predictive text engine to find all possible words that could be created with the letters in a groups indicated by a gesture sequence. To enter one character, a speaker will move his eyes in the direction associated with that letters group, and the communication partner will swipes in the corresponding direction on the app's screen.
- Multiple keyboard layouts
- Word prediction with the ability to add words
- Ability to view sentence history
- iCloud sync for added words, sentence history and settings
- Voice output and vibration
- Speech output configuration (voice, rate and volume)