Mission Swachh Punjab is a mass movement to achieve the goal of a clean and healthy state by improving sanitation service levels thereby making all the villages free from open defecation, sustaining good personal hygiene practices and behaviour amongst the rural population of Punjab. The mission under the aegis of Government of India's Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) programme has now turned to be people's movement across the entire state.
All the villages of Punjab under the jurisdiction of Department of Water Supply & Sanitation, Punjab have been declared open defecation free. The ODF declaration made by the Gram Panchayats is being verified. This application serves as a tool in the hand of every individual. The following services can be availed from this application:
1. Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) beneficiary details in any village of Punjab.
2. To report any incidence of open defecation.
3. Application for toilet under Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) programme.
To avail the incentive for construction of toilet under this programme the following terms & conditions are to be fulfilled.
1. Household does not have a toilet or the household has not been benefitted with a toilet under any previous programs (government and non government).
2. People living within one compound will to be treated as one household. However, in case of any additional demand for the toilet, it has to be supported with additional electricity connection within that comspound.
3. Individual electricity meter has been installed before 31.07.2015.
4. In case the individual has an electricity meter installed after 31.07.2015 his/her application will be taken presently and if Government of Punjab will launch some other scheme regarding providing incentive for construction of toilet, the application shall be considered under that scheme.