If you could 'wave a magic wand' and improve your maths, spelling and knowledge all inone go and impress your friends, family and teachers - you will definitely want to play SumW0rdZ! This game is for all ages and abilities wishing to improve their knowledge, word andmaths skills regardless of how much schooling you have had. After playing SumW0rdZ you will be better at all these skills and gradually get to the top of the class on our Leaderboard.
How to Play
1. Choosewhich Dice Combination gives you the maximum advantage to score highly and get the most medals e.g. four 6's or two 8's and two 10's etc.
2. Choosewhich Level to play from Easy (letter tile values are in the range 1 to 20), Medium (range 1 to 30)or Hard (range 1 to 50) corresponding to Bronze, Silver and Gold medals.
3.Choose which Theme to play e.g. Famous Football Players thenthe game begins.
4.Select any letter tilee.g. letter C with value 4, you believe you can calculate with the Dice Combination displayed e.g. 2, 5,1 or 3.
5. Touch the individual dice 2, 5, 1 or 3 and arithmetic operators +, , or as often as required to create the value 4 in the calculation field. e.g. 22 or3+55 or 3+32 or 2521 then press the '=' button.
6. Ifyour calculation is correct the letter tileturns green and the dice combination changes. Select another letter tile value tocalculate with these new dice until all the tiles turn green.
7. Ifyour calculation is incorrectthe screen will flash red and you can then try again but notice the dice combination has changed. Ifyou run out of time, youmay try again butnow both the letter tile values anddice combination will have changed.
8. Once a word is completed, a score and reward is displayed i.e. Medal (if your scoreis better than or equal to the target) or Lollipop (ifyour score is less than the target) before the next word is shown. There are 4 words in a game.
9. If you find you are struggling during the game, youcan use the orangecredit 'bomb' button to help you get the letter tilesyouneed.
After each word is completed,a score is calculatedbased on the time saved (TIME BONUS), the arithmetical operators used (BODMAS) and getting each lettercorrect each time (MULTIPLIER). Speed, accuracy and combining lots of arithmetic operators getsthe best word scores.These individual scoresare then added together to give a Grand Totalat the end of agame.
During a game, if you hit the target score for each wordyou get4 medalswhichwins you a Medal Shield. If you miss the target for each word you get4 lollipopsinstead which givesyou a Lollipop Shield.
When you complete a Theme and get a medal for each word in the list you win a Medal Trophy. If during play you get lollipops for some of your wordsand medals for others and you have finished the Themeyou get a Lollipop Trophy.If you keep playing the sameTheme you can convert every lollipop wordto a medal word.The Lollipop Trophy count is then reduced by one and the Medal Trophy count goes up by one.
Medals, Shields, Trophiesand Scores are displayed in STATS on your device and on the Leaderboard whereyou can see howyou are RANKEDagainst other players or just to see how you are improving.
Finally, some Themes have aKNOWLEDGE board displayed after each word tellingyou somethingimportant aboutthat word. So, you Look and Learn and Play and Calculate all in 1 game - have FUN!