Strobe Tuner Pro is the only tuner that shows the real stroboscopic effect on your device. It is extremely accurate, and suitable for guitars and violins. By purchasing it, you can save hundreds of dollars for a physical strobe tuner.
Professionals appreciate the Strobe Tuner Pro's accuracy, beginners quickly learn to tune instruments properly. Strobe Tuner Pro is easy to use thanks to the additional chromatic tuner that helps you when your instrument is way out of tune.
The chromatic and strobe tuners are independent, but both use the same input from the built-in microphone of your phone or tablet for their advanced algorithms.
The chromatic tuner accurately detects the frequency of the tone played on your guitar or violin, and shows it on the chromatic scale. The target strings are highlighted on the scale, and you can see how far is the tone from being in tune. When you get close enough, you can use the strobe tuner for fine tuning.
When the pattern is rotating to the right, it means the tone is too high, and you need to tune down. When it is rotating to the left, just tune up. The slower the pattern moves, the better is your instrument tuned.
If you are in doubt how to use the tuner, please read the built-in help, and see the examples of the tuning process.
The algorithms of both tuners are independent - the chromatic tuner uses the Fast Fourier Transformation, but the algorithm in the strobe tuner is much closer to what you can find in oscilloscopes, and is computed directly on the GPU of your phone or tablet.
Tuning by ear
You can also play the reference tones using the buttons at the bottom of the screen. The tone is synthesized, and respects the setting of the concert pitch.
The tuner has been tested with many guitars and violins, and we constantly grow our test coverage with new recordings of the instruments. You can switch between the guitar and the violin tuning in the settings.
The strobe view allows you to tune as accurately as the professional violinists tune by ear. The chromatic view can be used by the novice players to improve when exercising.
The chromatic tuner can be used with other instruments too, but you will have to ignore the strobe view. We also limit the range of the frequencies to what is usual on a guitar or on a violin. We will add more instruments later, when we grow our test suite with their recordings.
* Professional guitar tuner
* Professional violin tuner
* Suitable for beginners too
* Awesome precision
* Advanced noise cancellation - works even with a metronome on
* The most favorite alternate guitar tunings
* Easy to use
* Plays reference tones
* First-start tutorial to understand the usage
* Built-in help to understand the app better
* Two independent tuning algorithms: chromatic tuner using the fourier transformation and strobe tuner emulating the stroboscopic effect
* Quick, precise, and accurate tuner
* Free, Ad-free
* Concert pitch frequency setting
* Note naming: English, European, Solmization
* Equal temperament
* Quick access to settings to switch between violin and guitar tuning
* Tested with many instruments
* Large test suite of guitar and violin recordings, regularly run before every release.
Strobe Tuner Pro is ideal for all violins and guitars. You will really enjoy the sound of your instrument, and the music you play!