Application for updating firmware of Stm32 CPU via Bluetooth by using Bluetooth-to-Serial modules i.e. HC-06
Realization of the application is based on next documents from company STMicroelectronics.
1. AN2606 STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode
2. AN3155 USART protocol used in the STM32 bootloader
How to use application.
1. Set correct serial configuration in Bluetooth-to-Serial module. It should be 8 bits, even parity and 1 Stop bit and baud rate from 1200 to 115200. How set configuration read in datasheet for your Bluetooth-to-Serial module.
2. Connect Bluetooth-to-Serial module to your Stm32 board.
In general r Stm32 uses next pines for serial bootloader
PA10 (USART RX) and PA9 (USART_TX)
3. Activate bootloader mode for Stm32. How to do this read in AN2606. In general you should set pins BOOT0 and BOOT1 in correct combination according to model of your CPU.
1. Turn on bluetooth in you phone and connect to Bluetooth-to-Serial module
2. Select file with firmware you want to write.
Firmware file should be in one of following format
- Intel hex
- Motorola S-Record
- Raw binary
3. Set writing options you need. You can select next options
- Erase only necessary pages
- Unset readout protection if need
- Set readout protection after writing
- Go CPU after programming
4. Press button "Load file to flash" and wait for finish of operation.
Additionaly in application available next operation
- Checking flash for blank
- Compare flash with file.
You can select this operation via apropriated point in menu.
Application is checked on next CPU:
RESTRICTION OF USING
You can make till 25 firmware uploading fully free.
After you achieved this limit you can purchase one of two services
1. additional 100 uploading
2. unlimited using of application.