A breathing meditation app that helps you fights stress and anxiety through breathing exercises such as box breathing, and the popular 4-7-8 breathing pattern that helps with sleep. Let the timer and audio cues guide the rhythm of your breath as you breathe in and breathe out, inhaling the future and exhaling the past.
Pranayama ("prana" - life force, "yama" - regulation) is the conscious regulation & awareness of breath: the life force that both energizes and relaxes the body. It is no surprise that our breath can influence our physiology. Wim Hof, a Dutch extreme athlete, is noted for his ability to withstand freezing temperatures thanks to his breathwork.
Even if you are not aiming to become an extreme athlete, you can enjoy the many benefits of breathwork such as strengthening your immune system (which can be confirmed by measuring your heart rate variability, a.k.a., HRV), improving your ability to deal with stress & anxiety, keeping asthma under control, etc.. In fact, you will notice an immediate sense of relaxation through a short minute of breathwork. Deep breathing doesn't help. What helps is rhythm. Get into a rhythm.
// APP FEATURES
- 4 default programs: box breathing, triangle breathing, relaxing breathing, and ujjayi pranayama
- Custom your own breathing pattern/technique (for advanced users)
- Select background music (add an ambience to your meditation)
- Vibration cues (so you can breathe with your eyes closed)
- Choose between male & female audio cues
- Up to 3 daily reminders (you might be busy)
- Insightful statistics
- Set monthly goals
- Collect badges as you breathe
- Export data as CSV
// USE CASES
- As a daily habit/routine
- When you need to perform (e.g. before an interview, a presentation, or competition)
- Before bedtime to help you fall asleep
- As needed when feeling stressed or anxious
Steady, a breathing meditation app, is not a substitute for your doctor visits, and it does not provide professional diagnosis or cure for your symptoms. Breathe with the app only if you are feeling well and consult your doctor before taking advice from the authors of the content in the app.