Sophos Network Agent allows a local network user to authenticate himself/herself to the Sophos XG Firewall with an Android device. Once the connection is established and the user is recognized, the device can be used for browsing through the Internet, according to the current user policy set up by the administrator.
More information can be found here.
- Communication is done via an encrypted, secured connection (TLS)
- Additional validation of the connected server
- Easy to use, with minimum initial setup
- Minimum interaction required (bringing the app into foreground automatically authenticates the user)
- The app requires network connectivity (Wi-Fi) in order to work. Losing connectivity results into disconnecting the user. Connection must then be re-established in order for the user to be authenticated.
- Please not that if only cellular traffic is turned on or the Wi-Fi network is not the default one, the App will refuse to connect to the Firewall.
- The app works only with Sophos XG Firewall.
- When launching the app for the first time, the "No certificate found" error might be seen. You need to log into User Portal with your Sophos Firewall username and download the required certificate from there. After importing it into the app, the error will go away and connection will be possible. See help section for more information.
- The required certificate can also be imported from file/commander apps and not only from the browser; please note that some apps do not properly set the correct MIME-type and therefore the option to import the certificate is not shown, something we cannot influence. Please turn to other file apps or to the Chrome browser if you experience any troubles.