Hi there this the final test version of the National Maritime Safety Authority of PNG's android smartphone application for all small craft operators, fishermen, owners of small craft in Papua New Guinea to download and install and use this app for their own safety at sea.
Here are some basic instructions on how the features are aligned for usage and if you have some feedback do not leave a review but email me directly.
Firstly when you download the app do have some space available inside your smartphone any android smartphone will have this app, after installation from the play store, ensure all your app permissions for this app is enabled in your app manager settings.
After that you are good to go, you require minimal data in megabytes to use this application.
1. The action bar up top has a Boat ID unique link this feature will house your unique small craft ID in the format of P20**, this feature is under development.
2. Launch check list for you whenever you go out at sea, ensure that you have all you require.
3. Weather view for updates
4.Tracking register - its a requirement you register your small craft boat on this feature for tracking of your journey every time by National Maritime Safety Authority.
5. Payment Gateway for any payments to National Maritime Safety Authority for services. Ensure you have a PayPal account or a visa debit card.
6. Boat Position gives you your current location , as you click on the map your marker appears with your details.
7. Personal Boat Registry for all small craft and ships , we are reviewing this feature for changes.
8. Boat Navigation is still under development for outer sea mapping as you can select your next destination by clicking the destination on the map then allow it to calculate your route and then hold down the Start Navigation button.
9.Beacon is a feature for reading smartphone beacons, its still under development.
10. Personal Tracker is a more simpler navigational feature that will allow you to track yourself. This service is for personal tracking which means we do not have details of your journey.