This plugin for Solid Explorer lets you access files stored on USB drives or card readers on Nexus devices. Minimum required version of Solid Explorer is 2.0. If your device already supports mounting OTG drives, you don't need this plugin.
Please note that Nexus devices running Android 6 have now built in support for FAT formatted USB drives, so Solid Explorer will work with them without this plugin.
All nexus phones and tablets with USB host capabilities are supported (Nexus 4 may not be supported without a custom kernel). You may also want to use this plugin on other devices with USB host in case they don't mount file systems out of the box.
Supported file systems:
- NTFS in read only mode
- full read/write access (except NTFS)
- media streaming - play music and videos on third party players, even on the Chromecast
- supports hard drives with external power supply
This plugin doesn't require root. In case of any problems, please use the "Send bug report" option under application's "About" section.
Always make a backup of your files. NeatBytes is not responsible for any harm done to your device.
- minor bug and crash fixes
- fixed crashes during media streaming
- added support for 1TB disks and larger
- fixed major issues with accessing USB drives
- requires Solid Explorer 2.0.4 to function properly
- Fixed media streaming
- Fixed manipulation of files over 2GB
- Fixed some crashes