Updated May 2019. Covers all shallow-water reef fish commonly seen by snorkelers (and some rare ones too). Flip through screens like pages of a book, or find a fish quickly by color or shape (the only fish app with these features). Up to 5 photos per fish -- showing juveniles, males, females, color variations. Each fish has a professional quality video also.
- For snorkelers and beginning scuba divers.
- 205 species** / 553 photos!
- Identify fish by color, shape, family group, scientific name, Hawaiian name, English name.
- Multiple photos of most fish.
- Videos of all fish (requires internet).
- Logbook: save fish, add notes, share Logbook (text only).
- Works great on iPads too.
** Only half of Hawaii's 400+ shore fish live at snorkeling depths. For easier ID, faster download and smaller footprint, this app omits deeper-dwelling fish. For a more complete set of fish, see my app Scuba Fish Hawaii.
Created by John Hoover, author of Hawaii's best-selling marine life ID books: The Ultimate Guide to Hawaiian Reef Fishes, and: Hawaii's Sea Creatures, a Guide to Hawaii's Marine Invertebrates. Check them out on Amazon.
Shop your favorite products and we’ll find the best deal with a single click. Designed to make shopping easier.