Your are a Webmaster, a programmer, a customer or you are simply an owner or a buyer of programs for your own site. How often do you face the challenge when you are not sure is there any module on your hosting? Why the script which you bought / downloaded doesn't work? Why the technical support service assures you that the module, which you wanted, is installed, and your script does not work as before? How to determine the version of the modules installed? How to determine the Perl version? How to find, where the libraries and modules are installed? Do you want to have information about the server-side environment including a list of all installed Perl modules with a handy link to their documentation at CPAN?
Some Features of SSI:
- Easy to use.
- You'll always be able to know which modules are installed on your server.
- You'll always be able to control whether your hosting company is telling you truth or lies, while promising large lists of the modules installed.
- You'll always be able to check the versions of the modules installed.
- You'll always be able to know your Perl version.
- You'll always be able to know the paths to the libraries and the Perl modules.
- You'll always be able to know full server processor info.
- You'll always be able to know your memory and disk utilization.
- You'll always be able to know processes currently on the server.
- You'll always be able to know full path info about Sendmail, Tar, Gzip, Apache, mySQL and many other true information about Your hosting server.
- In order to get all this information you don't need the Shell, neither the Telnet access. You don't need the root rights on the Hosting.