* Rapid System Configuration
Fast configuration saves your time. The SafeDog can configure a system in a very short time, involving network interface and status configuration, NIC IP allocation method, and computer name, system accounts & passwords settings.
* Rapid System Optimization
Fast optimization secures your server. The SafeDog can optimize the safety settings of a network with only simple operations required.
* Real-Time System Monitoring
Real-time monitoring helps you know your network. The SafeDog supports the real-time monitoring on files, processes, CPU usage, memory usage, disk capacity, data backup, TCP monitor ports. Administrators do not need to be online around the clock.
* Application Settings
Application settings promote your program management. The SafeDog enables administrators can configure iptables, vsftpd, and samba programs on a Linux server
* The SafeDog can run on Linux servers of the following OS versions: Ubuntu 11.04, Centos 6, Fedora 15, and RHEL 6. The compatibility between the SafeDog and other versions of Ubuntu, Centos, Fedora, and RHEL is not strictly tested. The current version released supports only 32-bit OSs.
* The SafeDog requires a proper network connection on the Linux server.
* The vsftpd 2.3.2 or the vsftpd of a later version must be installed on the OS. Otherwise, the vsftpd configuration function of the SafeDog is unavailable.
* The samba 3.5 or the samba of a later version must be installed on the OS. Otherwise, the samba configuration function of the SafeDog is unavailable.
* Before using the vsftpd or samba functions, ensure that the selinux (if installed) permissions are properly set or the selinux is disabled. Otherwise, SafeDog cannot access these services.