Have you ever been in a situation where you need blood for a medical urgency?
Do you remember getting calls & messages from family & friends who need blood that matches you blood group?
Did you ever feel you want to donate blood for a good cause but didnt know where to go OR who to help?
If your answer is YES for even one question, you need to download the SAVIOUR app now! Its easy!! Click on the app
Signup / Login
If you are looking for a donor, fill your search criteria, View list of donors and call him / her directly.
You can even call an ambulance or a womens helpline number by clicking the icon.
Did you know the facts mentioned about bold / bold donation?
1. Donating blood is a safe process. A sterile needle is used only once for each donor and then discarded.
2. The actual blood donation typically takes less than 10-12 minutes. The entire process, from the time you arrive to the time you leave, takes about an hour and 15 min.
3. The average adult has about 10 units of blood in his body. Roughly 1 unit(300ml) is given during a donation.
4. All donated blood is tested for HIV, hepatitis B and C, syphilis and other infectious diseases before it can be transfused to patients.
5. In India blood donation is voluntary and unpaid, this is normal in developing countries as demanded by WHO.
6. Every two seconds someone needs blood.
7. More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day.
8. A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year.
9. The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
10. The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
11. Sickle cell patients can require frequent blood transfusions throughout their lives.
12. More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
13. A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 units of blood
14. Every year our nation requires about 5 Crore units of blood, out of which only a meager 2.5 Crore units of blood are available.
15. The gift of blood is the gift of life. There is no substitute for human blood
16. Blood cannot be manufactured it can only come from generous donors.
17. Type O-negative blood (red cells) can be transfused to patients of all blood types. It is always in great demand and often in short supply.
18. Type AB-positive plasma can be transfused to patients of all other blood types. AB plasma is also usually in short supply.
Join us today for a cause SAVIOUR.connecting for a cause!