You no longer need to search for the desired satellite just enter into "display mode", direct your Android device to the sky and watch all available satellites from your location Satellite Finder is a tool which will help you to set up dish It will give you azimuth, elevation and LNB tilt for your location (based on GPS) and chosen sat from list. The result is shown both as numeric data and graphical on google maps. It has also built in compass which will help you to find proper satellite azimuth. It also can use augmented reality to show where is satellite on camera view
How to use this app:
1. First of all, you should enable GPS and Internet on your phone. Remember in most cases it is impossible to receive GPS signal inside buildings. So if you want to get very accurate location - please go near windows or go even outside In current app version location should be found quite immediately. So if you stuck with 'no location' message please make ensure that you got enabled all required features/permissions.
2. If app found your location, you must select desired satellite to do this you must find icon with magnification glass and tap it. On the list you will find all satellites with elevation angle above zero degrees. Remember: sat name doesn't affect the calculation of angles. Important thing is satellite position.
3. The azimuth, elevation and skew angle is calculated for your location and chosen satellite. Under calculated values there is a compass with graphical representation of azimuth angle The azimuth angle is calculated with magnetic inclination. Remember - every time you use compass you should calibrate it. Green line represents your phone azimuth. So if on compass green and red indicators are on each other - front of the phone should show you direction to the satellite If the compass value is correct - phone azimuth value will go green.
- If your smartphone does not have GPS you can manually move the "marker" on the card until it points your exact location. Use zoom for more detail.
- The compass is very important to adjust your dish, but if your smartphone does not have one, you can still use the application. In this case, it will help you to find clues and marks on the map from your location. It also allows you to calculate the orientation. Than you can use a manual compass to get a good orientation.
- Do not hesitate to recalibrate the compass and avoid too close to the antenna arm, because it is sensitive to metallic elements. Try to place your smartphone where there is less magnetic interference.
-This satellite director have Ability to get the exact point where you are.
-This app have Ability to obtain a large list of satellites
-This satellite detector have Ability to change the point where you are to another point in specific, just dragging a marker.