The Childrens Commissioner App
Safeguarding Children & Young People Policy
The Childrens Commissioner for England app is a go-to guide that fits right in your pocket.
This App provides staff with easy and immediate access to their Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy. Staff can also access a Toolkit, read other related policies, and complete a test to receive a Digital Certificate.
The Children's Commissioner App ensures that:
- There is a clear commitment to the importance of safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children and young people through the work of the OCC.
- There is a clear line of accountability & effective governance arrangements within the OCC that safeguard & promote the welfare of children & young people.
- Clear procedures are in place for dealing with concerns about children and young people.
- Recruitment and human resources management procedures take account of the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, including arrangements for DBS checks on staff and the application of minimum standards.
- Staff understand when and how to share information and work effectively with other organisations to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- Effective whistle-blowing and escalation procedures are in place; with staff promoting a culture that facilitates a positive and proactive response to safeguarding concerns.
- Appropriate support is available to staff in respect of the management of any concerns and the impact of these upon them personally.