SJU Safe is the official safety app of Saint Joseph's University. It is the only app that integrates with SJU's safety and security systems. Public Safety has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the SJU campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
SJU Safe features include:
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the SJU area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Panic Button / Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to SJU security in real-time in case of a crisis
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Tip Reporting: Multiple ways to report a safety/security concern directly to SJU security.
- Check In Study Abroad: In the event of an emergency situation, SJU can send out a mass Push Notification to all its app users to prompt them to Check In to indicate that they're safe.
- Virtual WalkHome: Allow Campus Security to monitor a users walk. If a user feels unsafe when walking on campus, they can request a Virtual WalkHome and a dispatcher on the other end will monitor their journey until they reach their destination.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
- Chat with Security: Communicate live with safety staff at [institution] via chat.
- Notification History: Find previous Push Notifications for this app with the date and time.
- Share Map with your Location: Send your location to a friend by sending them a map of your position.
- Im OK!: Send your location and a message indicating that Youre OK to a recipient of your choosing.
- Campus Maps: Navigate around the SJU area.
- Emergency Plans: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users arent connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Support Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at SJU.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from SJU safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
Download today to ensure youre prepared in the event of an emergency.