Similar to the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA), the Brazilian Society of Anesthesiology (SBA) is a civil association, with no economic purpose, founded on February 25, 1948, for an indefinite period, constituting a Federation of Regional Associations, with headquarters and forum in the City of Rio de Janeiro. To fulfill its Institutional Mission SBA: brings together physicians interested in advancing, improving and disseminating Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Pain Management and Resuscitation and sets standards for training in the specialty; Enforces the Code of Medical Ethics, the SBA Professional and Economic Code and defends the professional interests of its members; Sponsors Congresses of Specialty, national and international; It gives the Superior Degree in Anesthesiology (TSA); It confers the Title of Specialist in Anesthesiology (TEA) and the Certificate of Area of Acting in Pain; Publishes the Brazilian Journal of Anesthesiology.
Intended users of the APP and objectives:
Brazilian anesthesiologists, members of the Brazilian Society of Anesthesiology (SBA - Sociedade Brasileira de Anestesiologia) are the intended users of the service provided.
This app is sponsored by Aspen Pharma and has the following objectives: Provide qualified medical information and tools to improve patient care, keep the users updated with the Brazilian Society of Anesthesiology (SBA) news and event calendar, give access to institutional training videos and books produced by the Scientific Comittee of SBA and Aspen Pharma. Only way to access the app is being a brazilian anesthesiologist member of the Brazilian Society of Anesthesiology. The users of the app being members of the Brazilian Society of Anesthesiology (SBA) just validate their society ID in the app and create a password for login. Non-members of SBA cannot use the app or obtain an account through it.
As explicited in the bottom of each tool the results provided cannot replace the clinical judgement of the physician. All the sources are cited on the "info" button (i) on top bar of the app features. It includes scientific papers from recent reviewed literature selected by the Scientific Comittee of the Brazilian Society of Anesthesiology, except for the CBHPM feature which is the standard table of medical procedures published by the Brazilian Medical Association (AMB) annually. Only in "Pediatria session" there is drug dosage calculation, mostly speed of infusion of standard drugs dilution based on national ressuscitation protocols.
- Stop Bang: Calculates the STOP Bang score of sleep apnea.
- DHEAB: Calculates fluid necessity based on the weight of the patient and traditional Adrogu fluid equations.
- Ventilao Mecnica: Calculates the partial pressure of blood gases based on clinical data and traditional medical equations.
- Nefro: Calculates creatinine clearance through the classical Cockcroft-Gault Equation
- Pediatria: Calculates tube size, intraoperative fluid necessity and drug dosage based on the age and weight of pediatric patient and national ressuscitation protocols.
- Coagulao: List of medications and the time of its suspension before the execution of regional anesthesia. Data based on the most recent guidelines of the area, as cited in the "info" button (i) on the top bar of the session.
- Delta PP: Calculates pulse-pressure variation based on the pulse pressure variation standard equation.
- CBHPM 5 edio: List of medical procedures published by the Brazilian Medical Association (AMB) annually.
- Infuso: Calculates the speed of infusion of a dilution after the input of its concentration and the dosage requirements.
Our institutional site for further information: https://www.sbahq.org/
Sponsor site for further information: https://aspenpharma.com.br/site/conteudo/