Finally a YouTube video player that saves your place!
Have you ever found yourself scrubbing the YouTube video progress bar back and forth trying to remember where you stopped watching a video last time only to experience one or more of the following?
* You can't remember where you left off
* That the 6 minutes you had to watch a bit more of the video are now gone
* All that excessive scrubbing makes your video player or network go haywire?
Maybe I'm the only one who has far too frequently found himself in the above situations ... but if you have also been frustrated by this kind of thing as well I hope you find this app useful as I do.
I made this app for me but if other people find it useful that's great!
The main purpose of this app is to make it easy to watch longer YouTube videos over multiple sittings without losing your place. The goal is to never have to scrub back and forth to find your place in a video ever again!
* Basic video player for YouTube videos
* App will always resume a video where you last left off!
* Can import YouTube video URLs and YouTube playlist URLs.
* Jump-ahead and jump-back [15-600] seconds!
* Jump-to specific time in video!
* HD video support
* Time stamp detection in video descriptions (tap a time stamp to move the video to that point!)
* Allows up to 48 videos at once in playlist
* Basic playlist filtering and search functionality
* 5 color themes to choose from
Pending time and interest I may add some of the following features:
* iPhone version
* Dropbox Sync (so your video progress data syncs across your devices)
* "Favorite" video flagging
* Favorite time stamp video bookmarking (save spots in a video to return to later!)
* Playlist categories
* Better video list edit options (batch delete, etc)
* More intuitive YouTube playlist management
* Support for other video services besides YouTube?
* On a side note I have to give a shout out to an app/platform I use named "Plex". Plex reminded me that all video can (and should) have intelligent "resume" functionality and I use it exclusively for all my TV and movie watching. However Plex's system for resuming YouTube videos has been fairly buggy for me for the past couple years so I had no choice but to make my own app!
* All YouTube example video content copyrights belong to their respective owners.
* Sometimes if there are network connection issues on your end or a video host's end this app or your device may need to be restarted before video playback will continue.
* Certain videos may not play through this app depending on how the author or video host have configured the video embed settings.
* Tapping the YouTube logos in the bottom right corner of a video may cause the YouTube app to "take over" this app's window. If this happens you'll need to do a full close of the app and relaunch it. Still looking for a fix for this.
* Report any issues found at the Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/ResumeTube-139143359823864