Password-Chain (PwChain) is a password manager that enables you to securely manage your passwords, and to keep them encrypted on your device via the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
- No request for internet connection; you will feel safe by the fact that your private (decrypted) data are handled offline.
- Database import/export support; backup and restore your encrypted database at either locally, or via another app that support file sharing (Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Email, and etc.)
- Password generator; generate strong and complicated passwords with a single click and not have to worry about forgetting them.
In a nutshell, your master-password is used along with a random data (salt) to derive a secret-key using PBKDF2. After authentication, your secret-key is temporarily stored in memory and acts as a symmetric-key for data encryption and decryption purposes. As for the encryption algorithm, the app by default uses AES with a 256-bit key length.
--Free with no ads--
- Storage writing ~ for exporting databases.
- Storage reading ~ for for importing databases.