PreviewAR is the easiest way to view your own 3D assets in the real world!
Import your own 3D model file (OBJ, DAE, FBX, 3DS) and see your fully-textured asset in the world around you using Augmented Reality.
"PreviewAR provides a wonderful shortcut to viewing a 3D asset and sharing that experience with others in the room, without need for a headset. Its application on a sound stage is quite amazing - it's allowed us to quickly see a potential set build without harming the budget."
"I am an industrial designer and your tool is much needed"
"I'm working as a creative director in an event company. I loved your app PreviewAR. I always needed an app like this to demonstrate my projects."
PreviewAR is currently used by industry-leading companies for many purposes, including:
- Fast-tracking the prototyping phase for large physical products and environments
- Easily inspecting and reviewing 3D assets for lightweight VR/AR deployment
- Accurate real-world-scaled previews of construction projects on-site
- On-set look-development and previews of characters or VFX elements for film and television
IMPORT YOUR MODELS
Using the iOS Files app, you can import files from anywhere on your device, and texture your model with either a selection of default colours, a single image texture map, or even use an MTL file and import multiple textures! PreviewAR features gesture control, animation support, height offset, specular and transparency controls as well as real-world resizing capabilities.
The new camera emulation toolkit also lets Set Designers and VFX Supervisors see their designs and characters through the lens of their choice, with sensor/recording area overlays available for a range of popular cinema cameras. Also, automatic masking of any cast or crew in front of the asset adds an extra layer of realism when visualising the scene.
The head's-up-display (HUD) lets you control all of these aspects of the scene without getting in the way. It supports tap-to-hide for a completely immersive AR experience, or simply swipe up/down to toggle the advanced control drawer when you need to make a change to the scene.
SECURE & PRIVATE
The best part is that all of this is available from your iPhone or iPad! There are no external servers or processing hosts involved - assets you import into the app stay on-device and aren't uploaded or downloaded anywhere.
- Import supported 3D files (.obj, .dae, .3ds or .fbx) from anywhere on your iOS device (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc)
- Enhanced "Shadow Mode" lighting to see the affect of a harsh single-light setup on the model
- Texture your model with default colors, an image diffuse map, or use an MTL file for complex textures
- Photo & Video buttons for quickly snapshotting the current scene to your Camera Roll or for recording a video session within the scene
- Customisable HUD lets you hide as much of the interface as you want - swipe down to hide the HUD drawer or tap-to-hide for a full-screen AR experience
- NDA-friendly workflow with no offsite storage or processing - everything happens locally on-device
- People Occlusion on compatible devices puts your asset behind anyone in the foreground
- Control your model's units of measurement and define specific dimensions, all in real-world scale
- Support for files modelled in Y-Axis-Up orientation
- Adjustable Y-Axis/Height Offset of an asset once placed, so it can be can raised or lowered for better viewing
- Control of asset Opacity & Specularity in real-time
- Live HUD featuring Camera & Asset information. Camera Tilt, Camera Height, Asset Height and Asset Distance from Camera are all viewable and can be toggled on or off using the Info icon in the HUD drawer.
Questions or suggestions? Feel free to contact me:
I'm a student developer working on this app in my spare time - I've got many more features planned for PreviewAR, stay tuned!