The Preacher's Complete Homiletical Commentary has contributions from Joseph Exell, William Jones, George Barlow, W. Frank Scott, and many others. It was originally published in 37 volumes as a resource for sermon preparation and study. Essentially it is a commentary "written by preachers for preachers" and offers thousands of pages of:
- Detailed illustrations for devotional study and preaching
- Extensive helps in application of Scripture for the listener and reader
- Suggestive and explanatory comments on verses
- Theological outlines of various passages
- Expository notes
- Sketches and relevant quotes
- Brief critical notes on chapters
Although designed as a minister's preparation tool, the Commentary can also be used as a personal study supplement.
This commentary is cross-linked to the World English Bible for easy reference.