Welcome to Pocket Probability!
About this application:
This application was developed by Joshua Beauchamp, associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) and associate of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (ACIA)
Pocket Probability was developed for the following functions
1) A study aid for university/college students enrolled in introductory probability courses
2) A study aid for aspiring actuaries sitting for SOA/CAS Exam P
3) Individuals looking for a quick refresher on commonly used probability distributions
4) Individuals familiar with probability looking for a quick, convenient way to calculate key information for commonly used probability distributions
Pocket Probability Features:
- Distribution flash cards for all distributions listed on the SOA Exam P syllabus, which are also commonly used in introductory probability courses. Each flashcard contains important information for the associated distribution (PDF, CDF, MGF, mean, median, mode, variance, etc.). The ability to recall this information will allow you to significantly reduce the time it takes to complete problems
- Distribution calculators for these distributions. The user is asked to input distribution parameters, and the following is output - cumulative probabilities, discrete probabilities, percentiles, mean, variance, skewness, kurtosis, and coefficient of variation. Excellent for checking your work, or quickly calculating necessary information
- Distribution basics quiz. This tool is excellent for testing your ability to recognize distributions by name given the PDF/CDF, as well as their means and variances. Knowing this information quickly will shorten the time it takes to complete problems.
For more information or to get in contact with the developer, please contact:
Joshua Beauchamp, ASA, ACIA
For an excellent FREE Exam P study resource, visit: https://bourbaki.world/login.php
Shop your favorite products and we’ll find the best deal with a single click. Designed to make shopping easier.