Plisterine is an application that will help you easily create, edit, and manage launch agents.
Launch agents are magical little files with which you can automate the launching/running of applications and scripts when certain conditions you define are met.
Maybe you have a media server and want to ensure iTunes is running all the time, or you rely on Dropbox and can't afford to not have the sync client running all the time. Perhaps you're a computer whiz and are just tired of manually creating the launch agents for all of the other apps and scripts you have which automate everything in your digital life...
Plisterine makes configuring launch agents super easy. Seriously, there's nothing easier than using Plisterine.
With Plisterine you can create launch agents that launch an application/script:
- At a specific time every day, weekday, or day of the month
- On an interval, such as every 10 seconds, or every hour
- When a change occurs in a folder or to a file
- When a new volume or disk is mounted
- At load or login
- When your application/script crashes (relaunch it)
And now with Plisterine 3, you can combine conditions to create complex launch agents.
What's new in version 3.0
Plisterine 3.0 is its biggest update ever! Plisterine has been completely re-written from the ground-up in Objective-C (previously written in AppleScript Objective-C). With the new optimized code comes an improved & more intuitive user interface... and of course, new features!
- Support for Nice, WorkingDirectory, RootDirectory, QueueDirectories, StandardIn/Out/ErrorPath keys
- Support for Python, Ruby, and Perl scripts, AppleScript script files, and Automator workflows
- Combine multiple run parameters for launch agent invocation
- Ability to schedule launch agents to run once a month
- Allows for files to be selected for WatchPaths key
...with more new features planned for future releases ;)
ReleaseJanuary 25, 2015
Date AddedJanuary 25, 2015
Operating SystemsMacintosh, Mac OS X 10.8, Mac OS X 10.9, Mac OS X 10.10