Unlike other planning poker apps, which simply replace the physical card deck with a virtual one, this one goes a step further and connects participants together in a virtual poker room.
It is a fun and productive way to collaborate in real-time and works for local teams as well as for completely distributed ones.
Planning Poker is a proven and widely-used technique for performing estimations in agile teams.
How it works:
* meet your teammates in a private room exclusively for your project
* break down your work into tasks for estimation
* in each estimation round participants independently rate the complexity of a task
* during the voting process each participant's estimate is hidden from the others
* once all estimates have been submitted, the results are uncovered and discussed in the team
* if a consensus is reached, the team moves on to the next task estimation; otherwise, the process is repeated
This app is compatible with the web app which you can find at https://planningpoker.cc. Participants joining through the app will meet others joining via the website.