Pipe Flow Wizard is the #1 fluid flow rate and pressure loss calculator app from Pipe Flow Software. Perform flow rate calculations, calculate pressure drop in a pipe, size a pipe diameter, or calculate a maximum pipe length for a given flow rate at an allowed pressure loss.
The original Pipe Flow Wizard software is used by engineers in over 100 countries worldwide and now the new mobile version for iOS brings the same calculations to iPhone and iPad. Find friction loss, find flow rate, find minimum size of pipe diameter for given flow rate and pressure loss, or find length of pipe for a specified maximum pressure loss.
Pipe Flow Wizard works for liquid and gas flow and allows for the inclusion of valves, fittings, and changes in elevation. Pressure losses for non-compressible fluids (liquids) are calculated using the Darcy-Weisbach formula, and for compressible fluids (gases), the user can choose from the General Fundamental Flow, Complete Isothermal Flow, AGA, IGT, Panhandle A, Panhandle B, or the Weymouth equation.
Pipe Flow Wizard has databases for pipe materials, pipe diameters, pipe fittings (k factors), and fluids. Users can also specify and add their own data for pipe materials, sizes, fittings and fluids.
Data and results can be entered and displayed in either imperial or metric units and the units of each individual field can be specified separately.
Calculation results include Reynolds number, friction factor, flow type (laminar or turbulent), friction losses, fitting losses, fluid velocities and more.
Pipe Flow Wizard calculation results have been verified against 50 cases of published results from well known sources. These include calculated results for both liquid and gas systems. The results of these calculations are included in two Results Verification PDF documents which can be accessed from within the App. There is also a compressible gas flow equations document and a comprehensive user guide.
The Pipe Flow Wizard App makes it easy for pipe system engineers to perform flow rate and pressure drop calculations, where the calculation results can easily be shared as an Excel or PDF Report. Calculations can also be saved to the iPhone or iPad and data files can be shared with other users of the software on either macOS or Windows.
The Pipe Flow Wizard software has unrivalled functions and features that aren't often found in other flow rate and pressure loss calculator apps:
- Liquid properties database for water, oils, acids, and other fluids.
- Gas properties database for air, nitrogen, natural gas, and other compressible fluids.
- Pipe material database for various Steel, Aluminium, Copper, HDPE, and other pipes.
- Fitting database for standard valves and bends, with associated K factor values.
- User definable custom materials, fluids and fittings.
- Gas properties calculator to help with the creation of user defined gas data at a specific temperature and pressure condition.
- Professional Excel and PDF reports showing calculation results.
- Results verification against published data to provide confidence in the calculation results.
- Configurable post decimals for display on screen and in reports.
- Automatic conversion between a wide range of units.
- Compatibility with Pipe Flow Wizard files for macOS and Windows.
- High quality, reliable software, and unrivalled customer support.
Pipe Flow Software programs are trusted and used by engineers in over 100 countries worldwide.
Pipe Flow Wizard offers auto-renewable subscriptions.
Purchasing a subscription will remove all calculation restrictions and enable full use of the Pipe Flow Wizard App.
When a subscription expires, the App will return to Trial Mode, where certain calculations are restricted.