Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a holistic plant health management that combines tools / methods / practices for economic management of insects & diseases attaining pest status. IPM aims to keep insect population and disease severity below levels causing economic plant damage. IPM emphasizes growing healthy crop in a safe ecological, environmental and sustainable environment.
P IPM is a mobile App on Pigeonpea pest management useful for dissemination across various stakeholders, extension functionaries, pesticide dealers and farmers.
P IPM offers the following features.
1. Provides images of damaging stages of insect pests and symptoms of diseases.
2. Methodology of sampling for each insect pest and disease.
3. Allows access to management options both directly and individual insect/disease wise along the tools of IPM.
4. Provides selection of management options based on crop stage (crop calendar based).
5. Chemical options has link to insecticide and fungicide calculator to facilitate selection of insecticide/fungicide along with calculation of quantity for a required area and application technology.