This app's primary purpose is to share one and only one photo a day per user. With many social apps around, they tend to become over bearing and cluttered - so with the Photo A Day app, you can upload your photo of the day. The app tries to create a journey of something special each day that you get to share with everyone.
This is a open sharing platform, there's nothing to hide except your journey where other people get to experience through the various posts and user experiences.
This photo should stand out, almost summarise if not highlight a moment in your day in a single photo. This allows you to do this as a personal goal for yourself and share your journey and inspiration with whoever uses the app. A photo can only be liked for a single day - highlighting the essence of photos for the "today".
Features on the Photo A Day app include:
- Uploading/Posting your photo for the day
- Selecting a category which encompasses the type of photo taken.
- Adding a caption for the photo (one word or phrase that represents the photo)
- Sharing your photo via Facebook
- Adding a location to your photo (optional) to allow people to get a closer feel of your journey
- Liking photos - which in turn determines the photo of the day (broken down into different ratings based on the number of photos taken for that day) Photos can only be liked for the current day
- Viewing the location of the photo on google maps to give people a better idea of where the photo was taken
- Viewing a users profile to show their stats (how much photos they've taken, how many photos they've liked and if they have any ratings and what categories people are posting)
- Viewing a users "photo a day" calendar - showing the days they've uploaded a photo and the days they've missed while also showing and rating they might have acquired.
- Searching photos by using various filtering to display the photos you would like to see.
- Viewing a map type feed, displaying all the photos around the world all placed on the map - this is only applicable if a person has added a location to their photo.
Please don't hesitate to contact me with any suggestions, issues or anything related to the app. firstname.lastname@example.org