**WHAT IS PEERSTRONG?**
PeerStrong is a free, peer-to-peer support app that connects patients with trusted Peer Supporters.
Peer Supporters have the same condition themselves. They are trained by dedicated patient advocacy organizations.
Peer Supporters' lived experience helps them better understand you.Talk with one Peer Supporter, or get insights from all of them.
Right now, PeerStrong is live for the HIV community. Download the app today and connect with a trained and dedicated Peer Supporter who also lives with HIV and understands the challenges.
**WHY TRY PEERSTRONG?**
1. SUPPORT THAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU:
You decide who YOU want to connect with. Search based on what matters to you.
2. PEOPLE WHO YOU CAN TRUST:
We call these dedicated volunteers: Peer Supporters":
Peer because they have your condition.
Supporter because they are trained to support you.
Each Peer Supporter is recommended and trained by a trusted patient advocacy organization. These are not random anonymous people off the web. These are people you can trust.
We hear it over and over again from Peer Supporters: I wish I had this when I needed it.They dont want anyone else to ever feel that way again.Now they are part of the solution. They are paying it forward.
3. ITS LIVED EXPERIENCE:
This isn't stuff you can read in a book somewhere. These are real people answering your questions based on what they have lived through.
Of course, they arent here to give medical advice or share anything you should be asking a medical professional. But, they are here to help support you, share their experience and help you take positive steps forward on your journey.
Health is private, so we give you the option to share only what you are comfortable sharing.Same goes for the Peer Supporters.
**IF I JOIN, WHAT I CAN I DO?**
1. You can match with a Peer Supporter based on your health condition and chat 1-on-1.
2. You can post a message, concern, or question in the Posts community. The entire community of Peer Supporters can provide a response to this question, as can the Peers. This way you can get insights from more than one person.
3. Read what other Peers and Peer Supporters are talking about in the Community and join the discussion! Support each another and know that you are never alone.
If theres anything else youd like to be able to do, let us know! E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org